ENGLISH, GERMAN, ROMANCE PHILOLOGY AND COMPARATIVE LITERATURE
Type of University Entrance Examination:
Educational direction -- English philology involves inter-university entrance examination comprising:
- lexical-grammatical test in the English language (level B2);
- an interview about theoretical aspects of the English language or English language literature; an applicant must prepare a topic beforehand from theoretical grammar, stylistics, lexicology or English language literature.
Educational direction -- German Language Philology involves inter-university entrance examination comprising:
- an interview in the German language.
Educational direction -- Romance Language Philology involves inter-university entrance examination comprising:
- a motivation essay in the French, Italian or Spanish languages (written in a lecture hall).
Comparative literature involves interview
Conferred academic degree
Educational direction Academic degree
English language philology Master of English philology
German language philology Master of German language philology
Romance language philology Master of Romance language philology
Master in Comparative Literature
The programme aims to produce highly qualified philologists by expanding their already gained general and professional knowledge as well as involving them in different scientific research or creative activities, developing their research skills and techniques relevant to scientific study as well as shaping their competencies of philology compatible with modern standards, and giving them an insight into philology as an interdisciplinary field as well as a full understanding of the courses incorporated in the programme and also a possibility to master and use modern information technologies.
As a result of integration of philological disciplines (linguistics and literary criticism) and cultural studies, in the teaching process, an advantage has been given to interdisciplinary approaches, and precisely this laid the foundation for the formation of the programme structure.
The programme will develop the postgraduates’ abilities to use theoretical knowledge in practice and/or pursue doctoral studies.
Graduates will be qualified to:
- pursue doctoral studies;
- find employment in institutions of higher education;
- pursue a teaching career in a secondary school after passing general teacher certification examination and getting relevant qualification;
- pursue a career as translators or interpreters;
- get involved in political, economic, cultural and other international projects;
- work in any institution partially or fully conducting its activities in a relevant foreign language;
- work in international educational institutions and organisations, editorial offices, art and cultural institutions, museums, advertising agencies, printing houses and press centers of different institutions.
☏(+995 32) 222 00 09 (203)
➳Ilia Chavchavadze AVE
#32, room A 301