Why Ilia State University?
Ilia State University study programs are based on liberal education model, creating an environment, cultivating critical, analytical, ethical, creative skills in students, and contributing to the establishment of a knowledge-based society capable of developing sustainable solutions for the challenges of the 21st century.
ISU’s teaching culture is student-centered. Vibrant relations between professors and students contribute to lively academic collaboration and debates. Students are encouraged and supported by faculty to find their individual research interests during their studies.
Practice oriented curriculum
ISU collaborates with governmental bodies and international organizations, as well as public and private entities creating opportunities for students to integrate theoretical knowledge into world of work.
Exchange and double degree opportunities
Since 2012 ISU offers exchange programs to its students and staff in numerous international higher education institutions. To find out more about ISU exchange opportunities, please see the information available at: www.iliauni.edu.ge
Furthermore, ISU offer exclusive opportunity to its students by offering double degree diploma opportunity with Austria and US.
Ilia State University in a nutshell
- Founded: 2006
- Employees: 275 professors and more than 1000 researchers and teachers
- 4 schools: School of Arts and Sciences, School of Natural Sciences and Engineering, School of Business, School of Law
- Students: over 15 763 students
- Study programs: Approximately 50 Bachelor and 40 Master’s and Doctoral programs
- Over 30 research institutes and centers
- Research and learning facilities in many regions of Georgia
- School of Business: # 1 study destination of Georgian freshmen since 2015