Why Study at ISU?
Ilia State University welcomes around 5,000 freshmen every year at all levels of higher education. ISU strives to meet each student's needs and help them reach their potential. Ilia State University equips its students with an all-round experience to provide them with the necessary knowledge, skills and confidence in order to achieve future career goals. ISU provides an advanced and dedicated academic community where the students can learn from experts and gain the qualification they are looking for.
At Ilia State University, students can broaden their horizons through its multicultural environment, which will develop their interpersonal skills to face new challenges – and will have the opportunity to become involve in a wide range of engaging student activities, clubs and societies.
- Student-centered teaching - Vibrant relations between professors and students contribute to lively academic collaboration and debates. Students are encouraged and supported by faculty to find their individual research interests during their studies.
- Practice based curriculum - ISU collaborates with governmental bodies and international organizations, as well as public and private entities creating opportunities for students to integrate theoretical knowledge into world of work.
- Exchange and double degree program opportunities - Since 2012 ISU offers exchange programs to its students and staff in numerous international higher education institutions. ISU offers its students the exclusive opportunity to obtain a double degree diploma with various Austrian and US Universities.
- Internationalization at home – Our students come from 15 different countries, we regularly host renowned international guest speakers on numerous international events.
- Competitive tuition fees – ISU offers top-class education with competitive tuition fees in the country and the region as well.
- Unforgettable student life - friendly, welcoming community where students can engage themselves in a variety of academic, social and cultural activities.
- Founded: 2006
- Employees: 275 professors and more than 1000 researchers and teachers
- 4 faculties: Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Medicine, Faculty of Business, Technology and Education and Faculty of Law
- Students: over 15 763 students
- Study programs: Approximately 50 Bachelor and 40 Master’s and Doctoral programs
- Over 30 research institutes and centers
- Research and learning facilities in many regions of Georgia
- School of Business: # 1 study destination of Georgian freshmen since 2015