SCHOOL OF NATURAL SCIENCES AND MEDICINE
The faculty goals:
- develop, manage and implement bachelor's, master's, doctoral, vocational, higher education vocational programmes /courses;
- produce multilaterally educated scientists and technicians with the skills to effectively continue self-education and adopt the latest scientific and technological methods;
- promote implementation and development of best research and applied scientific practices in the university research units (institutes, research centers) by engaging students in academic activities;
- meet higher education, professional development and training requirements in accordance with the students’ personal interests and abilities as well as ensure academic freedom in learning, teaching and research.
To meet its objectives, the faculty:
- offers students a wide diversity of high-level programmes and courses and gives them the opportunity to obtain an interdisciplinary education;
- contributes to the development of effective scientific research by inviting internationally acclaimed scientific staff, supporting international research programmes and promoting top-rated publications;
- links training programmes, namely Master's and PhD programmes, to current scientific research and other academic activities;
- creates the attractive environment for studying, research and self-development by engaging students in social and scientific activities.
Faculty staff consists of highly qualified scientists from the field of physics, biology, mathematics, ecology, earth. It is noteworthy that our faculty has ranked 2nd in Georgia according to its scientific capacity (based on publications in top-rated international journals), and 1st in a number of other areas in Georgia and the Caucasus region.
The Faculty has vast material resources used in scientific research and technical trainings, namely:
Field research bases in the highlands of Georgia, on the Black Sea coast, and in the arid landscapes of Eastern Georgia;
- DNA lab for studying human, animal and plant genes;
- Research vessel used for exploring fauna, flora and geology of the Black Sea;
- Lecture auditoriums;
- Computer classes;
➳Tbilisi, Cholokashvili Avenue 3/5
Dean's Office - H Building,
☏ (+995 32) 222 00 09 (115)