Number of admissions: 21 vacant places
Type of university exam: oral exam
Awarded academic degree: Master of Science in Ecology (MSc in Ecology)
The aim of the program is to train highly qualified researchers in the field of ecology, who will be competitive both in the employment market and in further levels of education and:
- will be able to independently plan and implement research in animal ecology, plant ecology or environmental protection using modern methods;
- will be able to communicate effectively with the professional and academic community;
- will be equipped with analytical and independent decision-making skills
Prerequisites for admission to the program:
Admission to the master's degree is based on the results of the Unified Masters Examinations and the internal university examination. In the internal university examination, attention is paid to the student's motivation, awareness of environmental problems and issues, knowledge of the basics of general biology and natural sciences, as well as knowledge of the English language (at least B1 level), which is necessary for mastering the learning material.
Applicants for the master's degree must have a bachelor's degree or an equivalent academic degree in the natural sciences, one of the detailed fields of mathematics and statistics, agriculture, forestry, fisheries, veterinary science, health and psychology.
Detailed information about the conditions, requirements, assessment components and criteria of the internal university examination is given in the “Program Admission Document” and is placed on the university's website in the “Admission” section.
Areas of employment:
A graduate of the master's program in ecology can be employed:
- in governmental and non-governmental organizations related to the protection and rational use of natural resources - in national parks, nature reserves, forestry, fishing and hunting farms;
- in government agencies, national and international non-governmental environmental organizations;
- in institutions related to preserving animals and plants - zoos, botanical gardens, natural sciences museums; in scientific institutions - universities, research institutes and laboratories;
Or will be able to continue his/her studies at the next level – doctoral degree programs.
Faculty of Natural Sciences and Medicine
➳Tbilisi, Cholokashvili Ave. 3/5, H building, room N108
☏ (+995 32) 222 00 09 (139, 137, 338)