netwoRk for alErting And managing public safety and resilience - REACT
Recently was successfully funded the NATO project by name: netwoRk for alErting And managing publiC safeTy and resilience - REACT
The project was funded in scope of Science for Peace and Security Programme Multi-Year Research Project and its duration three year.
Three universities from three countries are participating in the project:
1) University of Venice (Italy), Project director, Prof. Andrea Gambaro;
2) Ilia State University (Georgia), Project co- director, Prof. Ketevan Kupatadze;
3) Purdue University (USA), Project co- director, Prof. David Ebert.
Young researcher participants from Ilia State University:
- Giorgi Iankoshvili;
- Tamar Edisherashvili;
- Giorgi khubashvili.
Representatives from Georgia who will be involved in the project seminars and information:
- The Ministry of Defense;
- Ministry of Internally Displaced Persons from The Occupied Territories, Labor, Health and
- Social Affairs of Georgia;
- National Environmental Agency;
- The Teacher House;
- International Academy of Logos;
- Association of Professional Chemists of Georgia.
The project will develop an innovative pilot platform (REACT) for the rapid and effective management of scenarios immediately following a terrorist attack with chemical and biological (CB) agents as well as to control the diffusion of contamination over the space and time at short-to-long term.
The platform will be operated by the Physico-Chemical Safety and Information Network of th Environment; Its purpose is to identify the threat of environmental pollution in the event of a terrorist attack, Estimated chemical and biological pollutant agents and develop they neutralization protocols.
Within the framework of the project, will be held the seminars and relevant literature will be created.