Capacity Building in Field Higher Education
- Paving the way to interregional mobility and ensuring relevance, quality and equity of access (PAWER)
Project wider objective is to foster interregional integration and cooperation developing reliable joint tools for the enhancement of international dimension of the HE systems and the compatibility between the 4 regions and of these with EHEA. Herewith, PAWER aims to support the modernization, accessibility and internationalization of 23 PC Universities from 8 countries belonging to 4 different regions.
Specific objectives of the project are: to share the knowledge of the credit system used in each PC, and to develop common understanding of Learning Outcome and Workload, to share information on if and how the ECTS are applied in the partner countries, to enhance the staff capacity in planning, delivering, and evaluating degree courses, through 1 week training of 111 staff in EU, to analyse the grade system in each country and institutions, and provide a concrete comparison in the selected degree courses, to establish follow up actions in cooperation with EU universities by signing bilateral agreements in view of “Credit Mobility” programme calls and inter-institutional cooperation, to establish and apply appropriate dissemination strategies and tools.
Project Coordinator: UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DELL'AQUILA (Italy)
- Curriculum Reform for Promoting Civic Education and Democratic Principles in Israel and in Georgia (CURE)
CURE- creates a multi-faceted program of innovative courses, ICT methods of teaching and learning, workshops and activities that promote civic education in teacher-training programs. CURE connects NGOs- student activities- and establishes civic clubs/centers at HEIs + schools, linking non-formal learning within formal ed. frameworks. A cadre of CURE faculty, students, teachers + ed. Leaders, who will become agents of change through the LLL skills for work in schools and communities. Specific objectives of the project are: Gathering good practices for promoting CE and of innovative teaching and learning methods, Construct and develop a dynamic program and strategies that promotes curricular reform for (CE) and in HEI in IL and GEO that can be used as a model anywhere in the world, QA on the academic development of the program including innovative teaching methods, piloting at least 4 courses in each HEI Partner and 1-2 courses in 3 EU HEIs, piloting 6 -8 student activities that promote CE on GE/IL HEI campuses, Faculty and teacher training of workshops.
Coordinating institution: GORDON ACADEMIC COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
The main objective of the eDrone project is to provide higher education institutions in the Partner Countries with effective and efficient instruments to setup Offices for Education for Drones (OED), for the transferring of all the above mentioned knowledge to professionals of each Partner Country. Moreover, the project aims at realizing an innovative ICT-based infrastructure employing enhanced technologies and methodologies allowing all the Partner Countries to create a network for sharing educational contents and databases to professionals. Such infrastructure will be used to support OED in the technological and scientific transfer to professionals. The Programme Countries will transfer their know-how and expertise for the achievement of the eDrone objectives by training the future teachers of the OED and by supporting them in the first edition of the OED.
Coordinating institution: UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DEL SANNIO (Italy)
- Academic Integrity for Quality Teaching and Learning in Higher Education Institutions in Georgia (INTEGRITY)
The core objective of the project is to enhance the quality of teaching and learning processes that are based on the principles of academic integrity and supported by policies, mechanisms and tools that help prevent and detect cases of plagiarism in higher education institutions in Georgia.
The project aims at revising and evaluating existing assessment methods, developing a system of teaching and evaluation that best suits students' learning needs. As a result of the project academic personnel will be trained by beneficiary Universities and introduction of new assessment tools for training programs.
- “Change in Classroom: Promoting Innovative Teaching & Learning to Enhance Student Learning Experience in Eastern Partnership Countries” (PRINTeL)
(Erasmus+ CBHE project # 585760-EPP-1-2017-1-AM-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP)
The main goals of the project are:
- Enhancing student learning experience in Armenia, Georgia and Belarus by promoting development and innovation in teaching and learning (T&L), supporting integration of technology and research, as well as disseminating good practice.
- Modernising higher education in Armenia, Georgia and Belarus in line with the Bologna agenda and establishing cooperation in education and training between partner and EU countries by promoting virtual mobility of teachers and students, and enhancing lifelong learning capabilities.
The abovementioned goals will be achieved through fulfilment of the following specific objectives:
- To strengthen Teaching Staff Development Centres (TSDC) in the PC universities by enhancing capacities of staff and trainers, modernizing infrastructure and introducing innovative teacher training and academic leadership programmes.
- To build up capacities of the partner universities’ teaching staff by developing their innovative and technology-enhanced teaching and learning (T&L) skills and abilities of competency- and research-based teaching.
- To establish a Virtual Academy of Teaching and Learning (VATL) as an international community of teachers, staff and students interested in using and sharing Open Educational Resources (OER) for the improvement of technology-enhanced T&L.
- To promote greater awareness on the types and methods of innovative and technology-enhanced T&L and to disseminate best practices within and between universities in the partner and EU countries.
The following outcomes and outputs are expected by the end of the project:
- 30 staff and 100 trainers trained on innovative T&L methods and technology-enhanced instruction.
- 28 technology-enhanced teacher training classrooms, 9 multimedia OER content building studios and 5 new teacher training courses.
- Over 500 trained university teachers who are no more just “lecturers” but “designers of the learning methods and environments”.
- Virtual Academy of Teaching & Learning (VATL) - an interactive professional development, mutual learning and virtual mobility platform of teachers to promote innovative T&L practices.
- 6 virtual communities of teaching practice, an annual Virtual Forum and institutional award programmes promoting awareness on innovative pedagogy and excellence in T&L.
- Disseminated electronic newsletters, booklets, VATL Manual, Good Practice Teacher Handbook and training kits on innovative T&L.
Partner Country institutions:
- Yerevan State University (YSU), Armenia - Coordinator of the project
- National Polytechnic University of Armenia (NPUA), Armenia
- Vanadzor State University after H. Tumanyan (VSU), Armenia
- Ilia State University (ISU), Georgia
- Georgian Technical University (GTU), Georgia
- Iakob Gogebashvili Telavi State University (TeSaU), Georgia
- Belarusian State University (BSU), Belarus
- Brest State Technical University (BrSTU), Belarus
- Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno (YKSUG), Belarus
- National Center for Strategic Research in Higher Education (NCSRHE), Armenia
EU partner institutions:
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (KU Leuven), Belgium
- Universitat de Barcelona (UB), Spain
- Universidade do Porto (U.PORTO), Portugal
- Linkopings Universitet (LiU), Sweden
- FH Joanneum Gesellschaft mbH (FHJ), Austria
Reference to the link of the PRINTeL project’s official website:
Project Coordinator: Armen Budaghyan, email@example.com
Project Website: www.PRINTeL.am
Ilia State University is implementing ERASMUS + Project “MEDIATS: Training and Society Transformation”, Project includes the following countries: the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Spain, Latvia, Germany, Azerbaijan and Ukraine.
The project provides the partner universities (Georgia, Azerbaijan and Ukraine) with an opportunity to become the key players in the promotion of the mediation processes on the basis of the best practices of European universities.
Within the framework of the above project, the Ilia State University School of Law’s activity consists of two components:
Development of a mediation module and a certification program at the Master's level;
Establishment of a Federation of Mediation. It should be noted that Ilia State University School of Law is the leader in this component and coordinates the formation of similar federations in partner countries
The project envisages conducting trainings for academic personnel of partner universities in order to improve their qualifications, creation of the mediators’ certification and training system, student internships in European countries etc.
The project coordinator: The Netherlands Business Academy (the Kingdom of the Netherlands).
The system of postgraduate studies is an important element of HE system of any country as it lays a foundation to innovative economy and competitive science system. Moreover, it also ensures the reproduction of the HE system itself. Extending the Bologna principles to this area of education corresponds fully to the trends and needs of European and global economies and lays in the area of priorities for education reforms in Armenia and Georgia. So far, the attention paid to this sector, especially in the field of Environmental Protection (EP), was not sufficient. For instance, in Armenia, the country running a nuclear power station, the postgraduate curriculum in the field of Environmental radiation protection is not available! All specialists in this field have to study abroad. In Georgia, the country the economy of which fully depends on tourism and agriculture (e.g. wine production), there are no postgraduate courses in the field of Food safety. At the same time, the thematic area of EP represents a lasting and important priority both in Europe and in the target countries. In fact, capacities in EP are a core prerequisite for ensuring quality of life and competitiveness of economy, especially for such small countries as Armenia and Georgia, the countries with very clear Smart Specialization Strategies. That is why; the ERASMUS+ programme continuously announces this field as a priority area for cooperation with the target countries.
The overall objective of the project is to significantly improve the quality of postgraduate studies in the field of Environment Protection in Armenia and Georgia on the basis of complex modernization of postgraduate studies in line with the Bologna principles, Salzburg principles of EAU and best European practice.
Project Coordinator: Tuscia University - Italy