Faculty: Faculty of Arts and Sciences
Name of the program: Sociology (Major and Minor)
Additional program: Sociology
Teaching language: Georgian
Number of credits to be accumulated: 60 ECTS
The objective of the program is to prepare competitive graduates in the field of Sociology, who will have a deep knowledge of basic sociological theories and concepts, as well as basic research skills, including knowledge of ethical standards, based on which they will conduct sociological research with predetermined guidelines in a complex, unpredictable environment.
The program focuses on the development of such transferable skills as: oral and written communication in Georgian and English, analysis, interpretation, argumentation, working effectively in a team.
- must have knowledge of basic issues, concepts, notions, theories of sociology and be able to use them to conceptualize a social problem/issue;
- must be able to use basic qualitative and/or quantitative methods for research and evaluation of actual social problem/issue in accordance with predetermined recommendations;
- must be able to obtain data, describe and process it using relevant programs;
- must be able to analyze, interpret, evaluate research results;
- must be able to communicate orally and in writing with specialists and non-specialists, adhering to the principles of academic integrity and using modern technology;
- must be able to evaluate, manage and use the necessary resources for his/her own learning process;
- must adhere to the ethical norms and standards of the field in planning and conducting research, creating a database and presenting a research report.
Structure of the training program
- Compulsory courses of Sociology – 42 credits
- Elective courses of Sociology – 18 credits