APPLIED GERMAN STUDIES (MAJOR/MINOR)
The aim of the Applied German Studies minor program is is to equip the graduates with knowledge of the German language at the B1 level, to teach the basics of applied German studies and to give them basic knowledge of German-language literature, German history and culture.
Upon completion of the minor program, the graduate:
- has at least B2 level German language competence;
- demonstrates knowledge of the main linguistic categories of the German language;
- demonstrates knowledge about one of the important periods in the history of German-language literature;
- can describe the major principles of language structure and linguistic system using basic linguistic terminology;
- can describe and analyze the famous works of the authors of one of the important periods of the history of German literature using basic literary terminology;
- can understand the intercultural context.