The aim of the Anglistics minor program is to equip the graduates with knowledge of the English language at B2 level, the theoretical foundations of the English language as well give them basic knowledge of British and/or American literature, history and culture.
Upon completion of the minor program, the graduate:
- has at least B2 level English language competence;
- demonstrates knowledge of the main linguistic categories of the English language;
- demonstrates knowledge of the principles of Anglo-American literature;
- demonstrates knowledge of one of the periods in the history of English literature;
- can describe the major principles of language structure and linguistic system using basic linguistic terminology;
- can describe and analyze the famous works of several prominent authors of Anglo-American literature using basic literary terminology;
- can comprehend the intercultural context.