Russian Studies (Major/Minor)
The aim of the Russian Studies minor program is to equip the graduates with knowledge of the Russian language at B1 level, teach the theoretical foundations of the Russian language and to give them basic knowledge of Russian literature and culture.
Upon completion of the minor program, the graduate:
- has at least B1 level Russian language competence; demonstrates knowledge of the main linguistic categories of the Russian language;
- demonstrates knowledge about one of the important periods in the history of Russian literature;
- can describe the basic principles of language structure and linguistic system using basic linguistic terminology;
- can describe and analyze the famous works of the authors of one of the important periods of the history of Russian literature using basic literary terminology;
- can understand intercultural context.