French Studies (Major/Minor)
The aim of the French Studies minor program is to equip graduates with the B1 level knowledge of the French language, teach them principles of French linguistics as well as give basic knowledge of French literature, history and culture.
Upon completion of the minor program, the graduate:
- has at least B1 level French language competence;
- demonstrates knowledge of the main linguistic categories of the French language;
- demonstrates knowledge of the main periods of the history of French literature; The graduate can:
- describe the basic principles of language structure and linguistic system using basic linguistic terminology;
- describe and analyze the famous works of prominent authors in the history of French literature using basic literary terminology;
- understand intercultural context.