English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Slavic, Oriental Studies, history, archeology, arts studies, theatre studies, cinema studies, culture management, literature studies, Georgian philology, and Dutch studies.
The programme aims to:
- teach students one of the European languages (English, German, Dutch, Spanish, French, Polish or Russian) and its structure at an intermediate level, get them familiarized with societies of particular countries, their history, values, culture and literature, as well as introduce them to ongoing cultural developments in European countries from perspective of literature studies and linguistics.
- give students a basic knowledge of one of the classical and European languages to enable them to find and read original versions of historical, literary and other works;
- introduce students to characteristics, function and importance of research oriented theatre studies, cinema studies, literature studies or linguistics;
- familiarize them with the past of world civilizations and the history of their development, reasoning of these civilizations reflected in their creative and linguistic production, as well as give students insights into most significant aspects of the history of Georgia as well as the world, art, theatre, literature or various languages;
- develop their skills to critically analyze and assess historical sources, literary works, works of fine arts, theatrical performances, cinematic masterpieces, linguistic elements (texts and discourses), as well as discuss them in cultural and historical perspective, interpret and translate them;
- assist them in developing intercultural reasoning and mold them as mediators among foreign and native cultures;
- familiarize students with the field of arts and culture management, as well as give them an understanding of theoretical and practical aspects of their managerial practices;
- promote formation of civic awareness, social cohesion, national, cultural and regional identity, as well as raise their awareness of and increase their respect of cultural and ideological diversity.
The graduates will be:
- knowledgeable about the structure of the language as well as its history, landmark events of Georgia and the entire world, different social, political, cultural, mental and ideological systems of the past;
- capable of analyzing Georgian culture with regard to cultures of other countries;
- have insights into different fields of humanities (history, arts studies, literature studies and linguistics) and their interrelations;
In case of studying one of the European, classical or Oriental languages, the graduates will gain:
- general knowledge of phonetics of a chosen language, morphology, syntax, lexicology, history and stylistics of the language, as well as basics and principles of literature studies;
- insights into works of renowned authors of one or several periods of the history of literature;
understanding of landmark historical events and cultural monuments of different countries.