BACHELOR’S DEGREE PROGRAM IN PHYSICS
Study language: Georgian
Amount of allocated ECTS: 240 ECTS
Awarded qualification/degree: Bachelor of Physics
Admission Type: Individual Admission
About the program:
The undergraduate program in Physics at the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Medicine was renewed in 2020 to improve the learning process.
Within the program, the student will study the basics of classical mechanics, electromagnetism, atomic and nuclear physics, and astronomy. Students will be able to understand the most commonly used analytical and numerical methods, study the basic experimental methods of mathematics, computing, modeling, and physics essential for career development in the field.
Aim of the program:
The program aims to equip the graduate with extensive knowledge of the basic principles of physics, laws, and basic mathematical aspects of natural sciences and to develop basic research skills in one of the fields of physics (fundamental physics, astronomy, atmospheric and near cosmic physics, biophysics, applied physics).
The program is aimed at developing oral and written communication, critical analysis, argumentation, individual and teamwork skills in Georgian and English.
Main areas of study:
A physics student has the opportunity to learn from one of the following five components:
- Fundamental Physics
- Physics of the atmosphere and near space
- Applied Physics
- Know the basic principles and laws of physics (including classical mechanics, electromagnetism, statistical dynamics and thermodynamics, wave phenomena and material properties, quantum, atomic, and atomic nucleus physics);
- have basic knowledge in one of the fields of physics - fundamental physics, astronomy, physics of the atmosphere and near space, biophysics, applied physics;
- Be able to solve a problem of physics of appropriate complexity using analytical and numerical methods used in natural sciences;
- Be able to process and analyze data obtained from experiments/observations;
- Use relevant computer programs, including targeted packages, for data analysis/processing, physical system simulation, and information retrieval;
- Be able to identify and formulate a research problem within the chosen component of physics, conduct research using approaches and methods specific to the field, adhering to academic and professional ethics according to pre-defined recommendations/instructions;
- Be able to critically analyze information, synthesize and form reasoned conclusions;
- Be able to graphically visualize data, communicate effectively orally and in writing on issues related to the field of physics;
- Be able to work in the laboratory following safety rules.
- Practical method;
- Laboratory work;
- Individual/group work
- Demonstrative method;
- Elements of e-learning
- Scientific-research institutions of the relevant profile;
- Industrial, communications, and transportation companies;
- Field of technology;
- Financial and banking sector;
- National Agency for Meteorology and Environment;
- Climate change and atmospheric monitoring services;
- Air Navigation Service;
- Medical facilities equipped with biomedical physical technologies;
- Observatory, Research Centers in Astronomy and Astrophysics;
- General education schools (in case of passing the one-year teacher training educational program (MSM)).
Structure of the Study Program:
To receive a bachelor's degree, the student must accumulate 240 ECTS.
|Title of the Module||ECTS|
|Additional specialization/free component||60|
Admission procedures and Exams
If you wish to study Physics at Ilia State University, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Medicine you need to select Ilia State University Academic Programs’ blog (individual admission) at NAEC webpage with the code 010128 and pass Unified National Exams.
Exams to pass at the Unified National Exams and Qualification Requirements
- Georgian Language and Literature
- Foreign Language (German, English, Russian, French)
➳ Q.Cholokashvili Ave. N3/5
☏ (+995 32) 222 00 09 (134)