MASTER OF PUBLIC HEALTH AND HEALTH POLICY (MPH)
The aim of the program is to contribute to the development of human capital in the field of public health, to attract and raise high-level professionals, and to create an environment focused on the success of each student. Promote equal access to public health and healthcare through collaboration with various partners.
The program aims to train sector professionals with in-depth and systematic knowledge and skills of necessary and modern standards in the field of public health and policy for improving the health of individuals, groups and populations, and to be able to hold leading positions in public and private organizations, both local and international level.
The program curriculum draws on current and emerging knowledge in the fields of epidemiology and population’s health, environmental health and socio-economic determinants of health, health economics and policy and finally on the Global health issues affecting our planet, countries and communities.
The program is designed to meet the requirements and standards recognized by the Association of Schools of Public Health in the European Region (ASPHER), as well as international analogues.
- Has in-depth knowledge of public health system, its needs and current issues in a local and/ or global/ international context;
- Is able to conduct health research independently using research methods and skills (including selecting conceptual models / frameworks, developing research questions, designing research, selecting data collection and measurement methods, data collection and analysis using statistical or qualitative methods, and communication and dissemination of research results.
- Thinks systematically and is able to plan actions / interventions necessary for public health and relevant resources; can identify needs for new / changing policies and software interventions based on cultural-social and population diversity, develop medium or long-term sustainable policies, strategies and programs, and assess their impact on population health.
- Is able to find and synthesize the evidence needed to make public health decisions, as well as to identify their communication patterns with stakeholders; Can develop separate interventions and system strategies for decision advocacy and collaboration between sectors.
- Understands and uses high standards of ethics in public health research, evaluation or policy/intervention/program planning and delivery/implementation process.
- Will be able to identify the needs for professional development and plans appropriate actions for strengthening professional competencies going forward into profession.
Program duration: 4 semesters (120 ECTS)
Academic degree: Master in Public Health-MPH
Check entry requirements and application documents here
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org