DigiEduHack 2021: DIGITAL EDUCATION FOR FUTURE
Ilia State University is happy to announce registration for the Hackathon Digital Education For Future, which is implemented within the framework of the international project DigiEduHack and will be held on November 9-10. This event is and is running around the world online for two days, where countries have to work on their challenges locally.
The event is co-organized by the EU-funded project: "Network of Youth Technology Clubs" and the Innovative Education Foundation.
DigiEduHack is an initiative of the EIT (European Institute for Innovation and Technology) implemented under the European Commission's Digital Education Action Plan. The event has been active since 2019, where teams from all over Europe and beyond come together to create a better future for education. In 2021, the main stage event is hosted by the Slovenian Presidency of the Council of the European Union in cooperation with the International Research Center on Artificial Intelligence (IRCAI) under the auspices of UNESCO.
Hackathon encourages participants to develop interesting solutions and create prototypes for educational purposes. The winning team in the local hackathon will have the opportunity to present their idea on the official DigiEduHack website, where they will be evaluated by international experts and the final global winner will be revealed on a voting basis.
Local jury members will be:
- Nana Dikhaminjia - Professor of Computer Engineering at Ilia State University, director of the Center for Innovation and Technology;
- Avtandil Mghebrishvili - Manager of Fablab at Ilia State University;
- Erekle Magradze -Professor and the Head of Computer Science Program at Ilia State University;
- Sandro Asatiani - Director of cyber laboratory Unilab at Ilia State University;
- David Chechelashvili - Entrepreneur, Marketing and Business Development Specialist;
- Nato Chakvetadze - Program Coordinator, Startup Programs in EMEA at 500 Startup
- Merab Labadze - Founder of Innovative Education Foundation
- Mikheil Tsiklauri - Tech Lead of Apple.
- Hackathon is supported by Beeline;
- Hackathon Partner is UNDP Accelerator Lab;
- Hackathon Partner is TBC Z;
- Hackathon Partner is San Diego State University-Georgia;
- Hackathon Partner is Innotec company;
- Hackathon is organised with support from Georgia's Innovation and Technology Agency (GITA • Tech Park);
- The Media Partner is NEXT.On.ge.
Our Community partner is CG Georgia and Fennec Tech Studio
- Ilia State University sets a special prize in the amount of 1500 GEL, which will be awarded to the favourite team.
- The hackathon partner UNDP Accelerator Lab will select the favourite team and award it with a special prize
- The hackathon partner TBC Z will award the winner team with cash prize in the amount of 2000 GEL and with branded gifts;
- San Diego State University-Georgia, will reveal the favourite team and will award a cash prize in the amount of 1500 GEL
- Youth Tech Clubs Network will award a favourite team with 5 Arduino Kit and electronic components;
- Georgia's Innovation and Technology Agency (GITA • Tech Park) will award a youth tech clubs network favourite team with 5 Arduino Kit and electronic components;
- Innotec company will award a youth tech clubs network favourite team with 5 Arduino Kit and electronic components.
Due to the COVID-19 situation in the country, the hackathon will be held online.
Who can participate?
Representatives from different fields From the age of 14 can participate: students, teachers, entrepreneurs, innovators and anyone interested in digital education.
What will the challenges be about?
In this year's hackathon we will have several Topics that the participating teams will be able to choose:
- Creating an application / platform
- Creating games:
- Creating board games
- Creating computer games
- Data processing For Education
Given that the integration of digital technologies into the learning process has become particularly in demand in today’s reality, the theme of the hackathon will be Digital Education. This direction facilitates the educational process and helps us to achieve a better learning outcome. During the hackathon, participants will have to create prototypes of applications, platforms, educational games (Board and computer), process the data and demonstrate how digital tools can enhance community involvement in the field.
Is the registration individual or by team?
Participants can register both individually and as a group. You can start to form project teams before the event, or teams may form or add additional members on the first day of the DigiEduHack event.
Do I have to know English?
Yes, English language skills are required as each participating team must upload their idea on the official DigiEduHack page.
To register go to the following link: https://forms.gle/EckkdtCPmsh8ZQwE6
You also need to register on the official DigiEduHack website: https://bit.ly/3pOAdyn
Deadline of the registration is November 4, 23:59 PM
You can see past editions here: https://bit.ly/31daa9T
For more information contact: email@example.com