Study language: Georgian
Amount of necessary credits: 240 ECTS
Awarded qualification/degree: Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
Admission contingent: 50
Code in NAEC registry: 0100119
Admission Type: Individual admission
About the program
The undergraduate program in Mathematics at Ilia State University was developed in 2011 and is updated at the beginning of each academic year to improve the learning process.
The program offers students the core directions and practical aspects of higher mathematics. While studying the program, the student will be introduced to the basics of higher mathematics, fundamental concepts, initial concepts and ways to apply them in practice. Ilia State University undergraduate program in mathematics is a solid foundation for the study of modern science, technology, and many other technical professions.
Students have the opportunity to use state-of-the-art training laboratories and classrooms. The Institute for Fundamental and Interdisciplinary Mathematical Research, the Computing Center, and the Computer Algebraic System – MAXIMA is at their disposal.
Aim of the program
The aim of the Bachelor of Mathematics program is to give the student the knowledge needed to solve a problem by studying the basic areas of higher mathematics, through generalizing problems, and though the methods of solving them.
Graduates can create and implement practical projects.
Within the program, students will learn the fundamental concepts, basic notions, classical mathematical models, principles, theories, and the organic connections between them in higher mathematics.
Students will acquire, the skills of solving logical problems, methods of mathematical reasoning, making adequate conclusions based on arguments and ways of communicating them applicable for any profession.
Main areas of study
The main areas of the program are to get students acquainted with the basics of mathematical analysis, algebra and analytic geometry, study probability theories and use various modern and in-demand computer programs for data analysis.
- The graduate has a basic knowledge of the fundamental concepts of higher mathematics, basic mathematical concepts, including classical mathematical model, basic principles and theories of higher mathematics and is able to identify the organic connections between them;
- The graduate is able to select and use mathematical methods to solve theoretical and practical problems within the acquired knowledge as well as, to explore relevant examples of the classical mathematical model;
- The graduate has the ability to prove and mathematically argue with clear identification of data, assumptions and conclusions;
- The graduate can implement a practical project according to pre-defined recommendations/instructions;
- The graduate can clearly and accurately communicate his / her arguments and conclusions (in Georgian and English) with specialists and non-specialists; Adheres to the principles of academic good faith in communication;
- The graduate uses modern information and communication technologies,
- The graduate can manage his/her learning process and use appropriate resources.
- Practical method;
- Discussion / debate;
- Demonstration method;
- Elements of e-learning.
The diverse technical training under the Bachelor of Mathematics program allows the Bachelor to work in completely diverse fields. These fields include economic management and planning services, industrial, communications and transportation companies, computer electronics trade and services, private sector, banking and insurance companies, statistics service, organizations and companies that require knowledge of mathematics and/or computer modeling and information technology.
The program is the best preparation to pursue a master's degree in various scientific and technological fields.
Structure of the study program
In order to obtain a bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, a student must accumulate 240 ECTS.
|Title of the module||ECTS|
|University General Module||60|
|Minor program or free credits (elective courses)||60|