Workshop “Good Supervision of Doctoral Students”
A workshop, organized by the International Doctoral School of Ilia State University, will be held for the supervisors of doctoral students on the topic: “Good Supervision of Doctoral Students” on December 21-22.
The purpose of the workshop is to support the supervisors of doctoral student in ensuring that doctoral students effectively achieve the learning outcomes provided for in the doctoral program.
At the meeting, the participants will have the opportunity to analyze the process of supervision and the role of the supervisor in the preparation of a perfect doctoral thesis by a student with the help of discussion, experience sharing and specific tools.
The following issues will be discussed at the meeting:
- The role of the supervisor in the process of work on the doctoral topic by the doctoral student;
- The participation of a supervisor in the student's effective achievement of the objective and learning outcomes of the doctoral program;
- Student motivation and supervisor's self-motivation;
- Effective ways for the supervisor to establish feedback with students;
- Involvement of interested persons participating in the doctoral program in order to increase the effectiveness of the program.
Full duration of the program: 4 hours
Tamar Maghalashvili, Associate Professor of the Faculty of Business, Technology and Education of Ilia State University. She received a master's degree in business administration from the Caucasus University, and in 2017 - a doctorate in business administration.
Her experience in higher education institutions began in 20027 as a lecturer. Since 2016, she has been leading lecture courses at the bachelor's and master's levels at Ilia State University. Since 2017, she has been leading marketing subjects at the Business School. She is a member of the Dissertation Committee and is actively involved in the scientific supervision of Georgian and dual master's theses.
I session – December 21, 14:00-16:00
II session – December 23, 14:00-16:00
Registration link: https://bit.ly/3VVGiWQ
Registration deadline: December 18, 18:00
Information about the place and time of the meeting will be provided later.