2021 Book Translation Program
The Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Embassy Tbilisi is pleased to announce the 2021 Book Translation Program. Through funding translation of key works into Georgian PAS aims to increase the accessibility and affordability of the latest research, analysis, and popular contemporary literature by American authors to the Georgian students, researchers, and the general public.
PAS is soliciting proposals to award grants (pending the availability of funds) to the publishing houses and academic institutions to translate books by American authors under the following themes:
- Public Policy/Civic education: general public policy, also public policy on issues related to the environment, cybersecurity and cyber education, agriculture, health, and education management.
- Media: media ethics, media management, mass communication, strategic communication, cyber-security, and cyber education, and related topics.
- Economics: entrepreneurship, business administration, management, economics, and related topics.
- Rule of Law: international law, intellectual property rights, jury trials, and related topics
- Basic Education: educational management and administration, curriculum planning and development, educational technology, special education, and education-related topics.
- Literature (fiction considered only if covering the following topics): – civic education, civil society, ethnic, minority and women’s equality, conflict resolution, basic education, environment, free flow of information, human rights, public education and advocacy, rule of law.
Textbooks and academic literature should be the latest editions;
The minimum print-run required is 1,000 (smaller print-run considered per terms of the individual project).
The grant recipient is responsible for requesting permission from the copyright holder. After selection as a finalist, the applicant is required to present a copy of the copyright agreement signed by both parties.
Each applicant can submit up to five (5) proposals per call.
Eligible works should be previously unpublished in Georgian.
Publications should be translated from the original language.
The program requires a 50% cost-share. In co-funding, an approval letter from the relevant organization on the co-funding is required (indicating amount and category of expenses);
In joint projects, letters of support from project partners describing the roles and responsibilities of each partner are required.
Application and Submission Information:
Please submit your project proposals (application attached) via electronic mail at TbilisiGrants@state.gov
Deadlines for submitting applications are:
- March 29, 2021
- June 8, 2021
Please include the program name (Book Translation Program) in the subject line. Please, be advised that emails exceeding 6MB in size and RAR/ZIP files will not be accepted. Documents should be only in Word and PDF format. Applications have to be submitted within the indicated deadline. Late applications will not be considered. Applicants will be informed of the results by email no later than 2 months after the application period.
If you have any questions about the grant application process, please contact: TbilisiGrants@state.gov
For Detail Description of the Project and Necessary Documents, Please follow the link: https://bit.ly/3p2WyUS