Iliauni Science Picnic 2018
The 7th Science Picnic organized by Ilia State University will be held in Georgia on September 29th, at Vake Park.
The event aims to present science to people in a fun way, and by doing so, make it attractive for attendants of different age groups and professional backgrounds. It has been the first and only large-scale event in Georgia contributing to the promotion of science in all age groups.
The topic of the 7th Science Picnic is 17 Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations.
In about 40 tents, under the open sky, interesting experiments, interactive exhibitions and intellectual and entertaining programs will be presented by science popularization groups from Georgia and Europe, by public and private educational institutions, non-governmental, state and private organizations.
In the first half of the day, animators of world recognized science shows and science performances will be presented on the main stage of the event.
Especially for this day, Science Café will be opened. ISU scientists will deliver public lectures on different interesting topics.
Traditionally, successful freshmen with highest scores in the Unified National Examinations will be awarded
After the award ceremony, a concert will be held on the main stage.
- Bedford Falls,
- Ziad Aliev DJ Set
The event will end with fireworks.
Iliauni Science Picnic dates back to 2012 and has been held for seven years based on the model of The Science Picnic of Polish Radio, which is recognized throughout Europe as the largest scale science popularization event in Europe.
Iliauni Science Picnic was the first large-scale event in Georgia aiming to popularize science.
- In 2012, Iliauni Science Picnic hosted about 7, 000 visitors;
- In 2013, Iliauni Science Picnic became the member of the European Science Events Association (EUSEA); the event was held within the Tbilisoba festival; The first large-scale Game of robots in Georgia was organized by Iliauni within the science picnic. The event hosted about 13, 000 visitors;
- In 2014, an impressive science show was staged by DR. MOLECULA on Iliauni Science Picnic stage; around 5 science popularization groups from Europe presented their interactive programs; the event hosted about 15,000 visitors;
- In 2015, within Iliauni Science Picnic, the first innovative exhibition was held in Georgia. The science picnic and exhibition hosted about 18,000 visitors;
- In 2016 and 2017, Iliauni Science Picnic was held within the science and innovation festival organized by The Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia.
- In 2018, the topic of Iliauni Science Picnic will be 17 Sustainable Development Goals presented in the United Nations project called "Transforming our World: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development," and its program will be completely renewed.
Date: 29th of September
Science Picnic: 12:00 - 18:00
Welcome Party: 18:00 – 23:30
Venue: Vake Park