Solution 2.0 - Online Pitch Competition
The IEEE student branch of Ilia State University and IEEE Region 8 Entrepreneurship Initiative are proud to announce the Solution 2.0 - Online Pitch Competition will be held virtually on November 25.
The IEEE Region 8 Entrepreneurship Initiative is an initiative started in 2018 and led by the IEEE Region 8 Young Professionals team aimed at the segment of existing and potential members that habit the Entrepreneurship ecosystem. The end-goal of this Initiative is to encourage young innovators and startuppers to discover the entrepreneurship possibilities globally, to strengthen the knowledge of our young entrepreneurs by providing them mentorship, boosting their network by putting them in contact with the relevant stakeholders, and getting them global exposure by sponsoring their participation in Summits and other Entrepreneurship events of the kind.
There are similar local events in 24 countries through this project. The competition in Georgia is organized by the Ilia State University IEEE Student Branch and IEEE Region 8 Entrepreneurship Initiative ambassador, and Ilia State University student Lizi Kvirikashvili.
Local Solution 2.0 pitch is held for everyone, team or individual, who have a new idea or startup to use technology for sustainable development. Ideas will be evaluated by competent jury members.
The top 3 Pitches will be revealed by local jury members:
- Avtandil Mghebrishvili - Manager of Fablab at Ilia State University;
- Shalva Otanadze - Invited Lecturer, Business School of Ilia State University;
- Nato Chakvetadze - Head of Entrepreneurship, School of Business. Program Coordinator, Startup Programs in EMEA at 500 Startups;
- Nana Dikhaminjia - Professor of Computer Engineering at Ilia State University, director of the Center for Innovation and Technology, IEEE STEM Ambassador;
- Tamar Sabelashvili - Chief Specialist, Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Policy Support Division, Department of Energy Reforms and International Relations, Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development.
The top three teams from Georgia will participate in the IEEE Region 8 Entrepreneurship Initiative Pitch 2022 and get the several months mentorship program. Also, the top 5 teams of IEEE Region 8 entrepreneurship Initiative Pitch 2022 from 24 participant countries will receive a cash prize ($ 500) and sponsored participation in the international tech related summit in 2022.
- Ilia State University sets a special prize in the amount of 1500 GEL, which will be awarded to the favourite team composed of students and alumni of Ilia State University.
- San Diego State University Georgia sets a special prize in the amount of 1500 GEL, which will be awarded to the favourite team which will be awarded to the selected team, fully or partially staffed by the students of San Diego State University-Georgia.
Due to the COVID-19 situation in the country, the hackathon will be held online.
Who can participate:
Representatives from different fields from the age of 15 can participate: students, teachers, entrepreneurs, innovators and anyone interested in sustainable development.
Is the registration individual or by team?
Participants can register both individually and as a group. The maximum number of group members is - 5.
Do I have to know English?
The local event will be held in Georgian, however, as the pitches of all three winning teams must be sent to the IEEE Region 8 entrepreneurship Initiative organizers, so at least one of each team must be able to present in English.
Fill out the application form: https://forms.gle/Mep2yfGNjbjs9L5Q6
Applications Open: 5 November 2021 (Close 11:59 pm on 21 November)
Virtual Pitch Competition date: 19:30, 25 November, 2021.
Review IEEE Region 8 Entrepreneurship Initiative past event: https://bit.ly/3wg1yL7