INTEGRITY Project All Partner Meeting In Akhaltsikhe
On October 31st and November 1st, 2019 Samtskhe Javakheti State University hosted all partner meeting planned and organized by Ilia State University within the frames of the project Academic Integrity for Quality Teaching and Learning in Higher Education Institutions in Georgia (INTEGRITY).
Two days of the meeting were dedicated to the project management issues as well as drafting project PR Campaign Action Plan for the consortium, planning monitoring/Site Field visits and discussing project achievements and results on the institutional level.
Project in Brief
The core objective of the project Academic Integrity for Quality Teaching and Learning in Higher Education Institutions in Georgia (INTEGRITY) is to enhance the quality of teaching and learning processes that are based on the principles of academic integrity and supported by policies, mechanisms and tools that help prevent and detect cases of plagiarism in higher education institutions in Georgia.
Project Core Activities and Outcomes
- Plagiarism Prevention & Detection Electronic Program Introduction in Georgian HEIs: to introduce plagiarism detection and prevention electronic program in Georgian universities, and integration into the existing Moddle system.
- Coherent and Consistent PR Plagiarism Awareness Campaign in HEIs in Georgia to design and launch a PR campaign as an important promotional mechanism that targets both students and faculty/teaching staff.
- Faculty/teaching staff training modules in effective assessment, teaching and learning to enhance student performance against the principles of academic integrity.
- Student Services that aim at developing and enhancing student services and academic writing tutoring opportunities to boost their writing skills with an eye on academic integrity.
- Academic Writing Curriculum Review – HEIs in Georgia will review their academic writing curriculum (bachelor, master and PhD level) against standards and requirements established for written academic communication.
- University Policies and Resources - The project aims at helping higher education institutions shape their consistent framework of policies and regulations that are conducive to quality teaching and learning processes based on the principles of academic integrity. Importantly, it allows universities to develop their resources (e.g. guides) and introduce advanced tools (electronic programmes) to support effective academic instruction.
Project EU Partners
- University Of Roehampton (Uk)
- University Of Uppsala (Sweden)
- University Of Viena (Austria)
- Dublin City University (Ireland)
Georgian Partner HEIs
- Ilia State University (Coordinator)
- Tbilisi State University
- Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University
- Iakob Gogebashvili Telavi State University
- David Aghmashenebeli National Defence Academy Of Georgia
- Shota Meskhia State Teaching University Of Zugdidi
- Samtskhe-Javakheti State University
- Akaki Tsereteli State University
- Caucasus University
- Bank Of Georgia Teaching University Ltd
- David Tvildiani Medical University
Government & Associate Partner
- Ministry Of Education And Science Of Georgia (Structural Measure Key Partner)
- National Center For Educational Quality Enhancement (Associate Partner)