WHAT IS ISU UNDERGRADUATE PATHWAY PROGRAM?
Ilia State University’s Pathway Program is designed to prepare interested international and local students for their freshman year at Ilia State University and facilitate their entry into the international bachelor programs.
The Pathway Program focuses on improving English language proficiency of the students to prepare them for undergraduate studies at ISU. Along with English language intensive classes, that lead to TOEFL examination, students will have an opportunity to develop numeracy and Georgian language competence, get introduced to Georgian culture, history and modern politics, attend workshop on intercultural communication, enabling them to adapt to the new environment and facilitate their “soft-start” to academic life in Georgia.
WHO IS IT FOR?
The Pathway program is suitable for international students wishing to work towards an undergraduate degree. It is ideal for students who:
- Want to study for and receive an undergraduate degree from Ilia State University - a leading university in the South Caucasus
- Desire to enroll in BSc Two Diploma Degree Program in STEM disciplines, a joint venture between Ilia State University and San Diego State University
- Need to improve their English language proficiency and receive an international certificate - TOEFL
- Are ready for unique cultural, academic and social experience while living in Georgia
- 3 months (intake in April, 2016)
- 9 months (intake in October, 2016)