Training of Researchers and Research Support [INTEGRITY] Officers within the frames of ETHICS project
On October 11-12, 2023 Akaki Tsereteli Kutaisi State University hosted a 3-day intensive Training of Researchers and Research Support [INTEGRITY] Officers organized by Ilia State University and carried out by the representatives of ETHICS project EU partners. The training was carried out within the frame of EU funded Erasmus + CBHE Strand 3 project Responsible Conduct of Research – Research Integrity and Ethics in Georgian Universities (ETHICS).
Training was carried out by the relevant experts from Amsterdam University, Masaryk University and European Network of Academic Integrity. During the training sessions the following topics were covered: Research Ethics and Integrity, Preventing and Deterring Misconduct in Academic and Research Environments, Reporting and Managing Allegations of Misconduct in Academic and Research Environments, Ethical Approval Systems, Authorship & Publication Ethics – Putting Policies in Place, The Role of The Research Integrity Officer and Challenges of Generative AI for Research Integrity.
During the wrap up of the training sessions, the importance of having national framework/code of conduct of research integrity has been highlighted and Rustaveli National Science Foundation has been assigned the leading role to this task.
Project In Brief:
The aim of the national structural reform project ETHICS is to launch a systemic improvement intervention to improve the quality of University and Research-Performing Organizations (RPOs) research through launching measures to adhere to the foundations of high-quality research and excellence.
- Ilia State University
Project EU Partners:
- Free University Amsterdam/ STICHTING VU
- Charles University Prague
- Masaryk University
- European Network for Academic Integrity
Project Georgian HEIs:
- Ilia State University
- Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
- Caucasus University Ltd
- David Tvildiani Medical University Llc
- Shota Rustaveli State University
- Akaki Tsereteli State University
- Samtskhe-Javakheti State University
- Iakob Gogebashvili Telavi State University
- Georgian Institute of Public Affair Foundation
- L.E.P.L Apollon Kutateladze Tbilisi State Academy of Art
Project Non – University Partners:
- Ministry of Education And Science of Georgia
- National Center For Educational Quality Enhancement
- Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation
For detail information about the project please visit: https://ethics.iliauni.edu.ge/