Blood Donation Day at ISU
The ISU Department of Student Affairs organizes a blood donation campaign on 1 November 2018, in ISU Buildings A and E.
Mobile blood collection teams from leading medical companies New Hospitals and National Blood Bank LLC will be ready to attend to volunteer blood donors willing to support people in need of help.
Blood donors will receive the following test results for free:
- Complete Blood Count
- Blood group, rhesus status, phenotype
- Syphilis, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, cytomegalovirus, HIV
Blood can be donated by any person aged between 18 and 65 who:
- weighs over 50 kg;
- has no history of hepatitis B and C;
- has no history of syphilis and tuberculosis;
- is not infected with HIV;
- does nor suffer from a blood disorder and an oncological disease;
- is not a drug addict;
- has not had surgery or received tetanus or rabies vaccines in the last year;
- has not had a tattoo is the last 6 months;
- has not been exposed to another person’s blood;
- has not been pregnant in the last 6 months;
- is practically healthy on the day of donation – no fever, catarrh, nasal discharge or other flu symptoms.
Every three seconds someone in the world needs blood. While 40 to 50% of the world population are potentially eligible as donors, less than 0.5% actually donate blood. Volunteer blood donation is confidential and donor anonymity is respected.
Those willing to donate blood should be aware that:
- Donating blood is an easy, safe and painless process;
- The procedure is performed with sterile and single-use equipment to protect donors against infections;
- Blood donation is in no way harmful to the donor’s health;
- Donating blood is recommended before noon;
- On the day of donation, it is recommended to have a light meal and a cup of sweet tea in the morning. Abstain from smoking and taking pain relievers;
- Blood donation can be repeated in 2 months.
New Hospitals – ISU A, 2nd floor hall (32 Ilia Chavchavadze Ave.)
National Blood Bank LLC – ISU E 207 (3/5 K. Cholokashvili Ave.)
Please register in advance: https://goo.gl/fWZubG