WINNER OF ILIAUNI LITERARY CONTEST 2016 TO BE ANNOUNCED
On June 5, at 19:00, at Ilia State University (ISU) Book House Ligamus, the winner of Iliauni literary contest, the author of the best Georgian novel published in 2016 will be named.
The winner of the contest will get the highest literary award of 10,000 GEL.
12 novels were presented at the contest this year.
Full list of the novels is given below:
- Abo Iashaghashvili, “Criminals in Old Tbilisi”, Publishing House “Kolga”
- Archil Kikodze, “The Southern Elephant,” Bakur Sulakauri Publishing House
- Tsotne Tskhvediani, “Maiakovski Theatre,” Bakur Sulakauri Publishing House
- Lasha Milorava, “Two Meats,” Bakur Sulakauri Publishing House
- Aleko Shugladze, “Hiding,” Diogene Publishing House
- Tamar Tandashvili, “Blizzard of Orange Dandelion” Siesta Publishing House
- Alexandre Vatcharadze, “Irinola”, “Author”
- Guram Gegeshidze ,”Natliskroba,” Publishing House Intellect
- Rezo Tabukashvili, “13 Days,” Publishing House Intellect
- Toresa Mossy, “Was”, Publishing House Intellect
- Tamar Subeliani, “River will be Eaten by Fish,” Publishing House Books in Batumi
- Tamar Poladashvili, “Explaining Death,” Publishing House Books in Batumi
On June 5, the best out of the afore-listed novels will be selected by the jury of Iliauni literary contest the composition of which is confidential; the members of the jury are Ilia State University professors and students.
History of Iliauni Literary Contest
Iliauni literary contest has existed for 7 years. In 2010, the university academic board decided to contribute to the development of novel writing in Georgia and introduced an award for the best novel.
Before 2014, the award was granted to 5 nominees. In 2010, Aka Morchiladze got the award for her novel “Mamluk,” and in 2011, Zaza Burchuladze for his novel Inflatable Angel; in 2012, the award was not issued; in 2013, the award was shared between Ana Kordzaia Samadashvili for her novel “Who Killed Chaika” and Jaba Zakrua for his novel “Readers Must Die”; in 2015, Iliauni award was granted to Nana Ekvtimishvili for her novel "The Pear Field".
Date and time: 5 June, 19:00
Venue: Book House Ligamus (Ilia Chavchavadze Ave., #32), ISU
All are welcome to attend the event.