MASTER’S PROGRAM IN PHYSICS AND ASTRONOMY: ELEMENTARY PARTICLE PHYSICS AND COSMOLOGY, CELESTIAL BODIES AND EXTRA GALACTIC ASTRONOMY, SOLAR PHYSICS, COSMOLOGY, PHYSICS OF ATMOSPHERE AND IONOSPHERE, BIOPHYSICS
Type of the test for United Examination for Master’s degree: B
Type of University Entrance Examination: interview
Conferred Academic Degree: Master of Physics
The program aims to equip MA students with a profound and systematic knowledge in physics and/or astronomy, develop their research skills and grant practical experience so that they are prepared to integrate within scientific research at the international level. The MA program centers on producing specialists furthering their careers in fundamental sciences and being competitive in the labor market.
After the completion of the program, the graduates will be equipped with a profound and systematic knowledge of the corresponding educational direction of physics and astronomy and will be able to hold surveys or research at the profession level, as well as study and analyze specific scientific literature.
- Master of physics can be employed in:
- Universities and scientific-research institutes not only in Georgia but also outside its borders.
- They can also pursue their doctoral degrees.
Employment opportunities according to different educational directions:
- Graduates of Extragalactic Astronomy, Solar Physics, Cosmology, Physics of the Atmosphere and Ionosphere and can be employed in: Astrophysical Observatories, Scientific and Research Institutions related to Astrophysics (see www.aas.org), and state and private sector;
- Graduates of Elementary Particle Physics and Cosmology, as well as Theoretical Astrophysics can be employed in: Information Technology and Electronics Research and Applied Sector, different organizations involving information/data processing, modelling and statistical analysis, as well as other fields of physics;
- Graduates of Biophysics can be employed in: different Institutes of Biomedical Sciences, and diagnostic centers; they can also be able to work in the fields related to other disciplines (new technologies, analytical service, etc.).
The Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering
➳Tbilisi, Cholokashvili AVE 3/5, H building
☏ (+995 32) 222 00 09 (139)