ONGOING RESEARCHES IN THE INSTITUTE OF APPLIED PHYSICS
- Computer modeling of boron nitride nanostructures, their electronic and scale-dependent structural properties;
- Biophysics of microbial synthesis of gold and silver nanoparticles by extremophilicarchaea bacterial strains;
- Theoretical and computer modeling of intense laser-plasma interaction.
- STCU Project # 4744, "Methods of nanoparticle production using extremophiles" (2010-2013)
- STCU Project # 5002, "Biosynthesis and characterization of silver and gold nanoparticles" (2009- 2011).