BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION: TOURISM
If you want to gain insights into tourist and recreational potential of Georgia, learn to draw up business strategies and business plans in the field of tourism, predict risks arising from implementation of these business strategies and plans as well as the possibilities of their implementation, Business Administration Tourism Degree Programme is the best possible option for you.
In order to employ the country’s resources to formulate your business plan and realize your ideas, theoretical knowledge in the field of tourism management and, in general, strategic and operations management, as well as practical skills necessary for occupying managerial posts in tourism companies are compulsory; in gaining these skills, the Bachelor’s Degree programme in Business Administration with its education courses and highly qualified professionals as well as the Tourism Center at the university will help you.
Successful completion of the programme will enable the graduates to:
- Get employed in private and public sector and occupy different managerial posts;
- Choose and assess projects and get involved in implementation and development of tourism products as the result of analyzing Georgia’s tourist and recreational potential and tourist flow;
- Pursue postgraduate studies.
- In order to obtain the bachelor’s degree in business administration, 240 credits must be accrued;
- Apart from majors, minors can also be chosen or free credits accrued;
- Within the programme of Business Administration, general module courses (60 credits), major courses (management/banking and finance/tourism with their 120 credits) and minor courses must be completed or free credits accrued (60 credits);
- „Erasmus+“ exchange programmes at Ilia State University will enable its students to pursue their studies abroad for one or several terms;
- Forbs Club membership is also available and meetings with successful people sharing their experience in the field with students possible.